This is probably not the first time you’ve heard it, but the importance of content is paramount in any social media marketing strategy. I’ve put together a list of three articles which sum up why this is the case.
The essentials of content social media marketing:
- targeted content
- unique content
- relevant content
- expert content
- useful content
- educational content
- personal content
- creative content
- entertaining content
- contextual content
Creating valuable content is just the first step. In order to reach its full potential, creation and publication are necessarily followed by communicating and spreading it, linking it, analyzing and evaluating the entire thing. “(…)do not fall victim to the assumption that publishing great stuff means the work is finished.”
So why is Content king when it comes to social media? Simply put, here are some of the main reasons:
- Expertise cannot be shown in a slogan.
- Reputation cannot be built on merely claiming expertise.
- Promotion is not people’s favorite thing.
- Advertisements do not get shared.
- “Shouters” don’t receive social media attention.
- Advertising channels are not for followers.
- Advertisements entertain, while content can create thought leaders.
Once you understand all this, you can move on to seeing and aiming for the actual benefits of content in your social media marketing efforts. Here are some of these benefits you might expect from a “proper” content marketing strategy on social media platforms. In other words, here’s what you can get out of it:
- brand visibility
- user interaction
- new business
And this is why content is king in social media marketing.