1. Positioned above the fold, cover images represent a perfect social media instrument for brand building.
2. Facebook pages can receive direct private messages from users, even those who did not (yet) hit the Like button.
3. The short description in the About section under the profile photo is one of the best ways to promote contact details (website, phone number, address).
4. Default tabs are a thing of the past. Facebook pages can promote any 2-4 tabs on their timeline, but still have more available through the drop-down menu.
5. All recent post by others on the page are displayed in a single compact panel or not at all.
6. Marking milestones is possible and, more often than not, advisable in managing pages on Facebook.
7. Post dates can be edited on Facebook page timelines.
8. The Highlight option allows for certain posts to gain more visibility while scrolling down a page.
9. The Admin panel provides all sorts of metrics relevant to the page (insights, new likes, social reach, demographics etc.).
10. Building audience is easier than ever through the advertising services Facebook offers (sponsored ads/ stories/ post, share page options)
11. Custom applications can be integrated in any Facebook page, for various purposes (lead generation, sales growth, subscriptions, contests etc.).